WE ARE THE ENERGY OF A GREEN CITY
Order-Hotline: 089 890 668-222
ON THE WAY TO A SUSTAINABLE CITY
We aim for the big picture: Real structural change
Our answer to the question regarding energy production is the shift to 100 percent renewable energy. As a catalyst for change, we push for both the expansion and market integration of green energy sources. As the sectors of electricity, heat and mobility grow together, electricity from renewable sources will become the most important source of energy in all areas of life and work. The time to create such an overall system is now! ! With its five business divisions, Green City AG is increasing energy supply from renewable sources through implementing new power plants and through setting up the necessary structures for cross-sector use of green electricity.
Initiators with vision and zest for action
Green City AG addresses citizens and decision-makers: private and institutional investors, green electricity customers, property owners, municipalities, institutions and companies. Their participation and acceptance are key in the success of a shift in energy production and modes of transportation. After all, the decentralised shift in energy production and a new mobility culture are being initiated on a small scale: they begin with every local person and their willingness to rethink our world.
Cooperation between organisation and public listed company
We make things easy! We create solutions – in order to create a city with a high standard of living for everyone together with the participation of citizens and decision-makers. This is the DNA of our parent association Green City e.V., which is crucial for the entire Green City family. We act both politically and entrepreneurially at the same time. While the environmental organisation Green City e.V. realises its goals in the greater Munich area, Green City AG is active throughout Germany and Europe.
Our main shareholder: a non-profit organisation
We want to win over as many people as possible for a shift in energy production and modes of transport and engage them in the market opportunities. Therefore, we get the public involved: Our citizens’ shares (Bürgeraktie) will enable shareholders to become co-owners of Green City AG and benefit from the steadily growing portfolio of power plants. Green City e.V. is our main shareholder and is represented on the Supervisory Board by two members.
Our efforts make an impact! The renowned awards and certifications are an acknowledgement of our achievements as a company – and therefore also apply to our customers, partners, shareholders and investors.
The Munich Metropolitan Region awards us the mobility prize “for particularly commendable best-practice examples” in the “Urbanizer” category. Our crowd investment as a joint venture with the Berlin fleet provider emmy is one of the largest crowd funding projects in the German mobility sector: By the end of the placement in May 2019, we will have reached a fund of EUR 1.1 million for e-scooter sharing.
Green City AG is one of currently four companies in Germany that carry the TÜV seal “Wegbereiter der Energiewende”. The following criteria qualified us as a company promoting a shift in energy production in 2017: an above-average status quo in the generation and supply of renewable energies, an increase in the market share of renewable energies, a reduction in raw material and energy consumption as well as an increase in flexibility in the energy supply system.
The market information service ECOreporter and the Institute for Sustainable Ethical Finance (INAF) have developed the sustainability seal to provide transparency for investors: Green City AG is one of the “pioneers who genuinely and reputably pursue sustainable goals and operate their core business sustainably”. Green City investments had already been awarded the seal in the past, and since 2018 the bonds “Solarimpuls” and “Kraftwerkpark III – Tranche C” have also received the award.
Green City AG was awarded by the European Association for Renewable Energies EUROSOLAR for its “long-term and far-reaching contribution to the development of renewable energies in the hands of citizens”. With the annual award of the European Solar Prize, EUROSOLAR honours “role models and pioneers in the field of renewable energies”.
Since 2014, we have been part of the group of companies carrying the Prime Status (B+) by the internationally recognised rating agency. ISS-oekom – formerly oekom research – thus classifies Green City AG as one of the world’s leading companies in the field of “Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency”. The Corporate Rating analyses the most important share and bond issuers worldwide regarding their environmental, social and governance performance.
Green City Power is one of the few green electricity providers that the environmental organisation Robin Wood considers recommendable. According to the organisation’s current green electricity report, only ten of the 1200 suppliers tested sell genuine, clean green electricity. The ranking is based on an evaluation of which tariffs actually make a contribution to climate and environmental protection. The criteria for this are that the electricity comes 100% from renewable energy sources, that the provider acts independently of the nuclear and coal industry and that the expansion of renewable energies is promoted. Green City meets all these criteria: Our green electricity comes 100% from existing hydroelectric power plants and newly built Green City wind farms.
“We are delighted about this award and see it as recognition of our many years of pioneering work in the field of renewable energies,” comments Michael Renninger, Managing Director of Green City Power GmbH, on the assessment, “Since 2017 we have been selling genuine green electricity from 100% renewable energies.”
Green City on the move
The Green City family despite the political challenges over the last 20 years has grown from the first solar project to a substantial portfolio of renewable energy power plants. Green City AG has 20 years of experience and history: the Green City solar pioneers and investors of the first hour have set out on a path towards a sustainable city, which we are still following to this day.
Green City e.V. – We make it easy, we create livable cities
A group of Munich residents found the environmental protection association Green City e.V.* With projects and actions for climate protection, a greener city and the renunciation of car traffic, the association focuses on its citizens: on their engagement, raising awareness as well as socio-political discourse.
*The association was founded in 1990 under the name “München 2000 Autofrei” – Munich 2000 Car-free – and renamed in 1995.
Solar pioneer – We involve investors in the financing of energy system transformation.
In 1999, the association became active in energy policy for the first time. We show how the transformation of energy systems through citizen participation is possible: With the financial support of 136 investors, we install the first roof integrated solar systems in Munich – at that time the world’s largest citizen participation bond. Five more citizen funded solar parks are being built shortly after.
Green City Energy GmbH – We become pioneers of renewable energies
In 2005, the association founded the subsidiary Green City Energy GmbH to professionalize and plan regenerative power plants – the foundation for today’s Green City AG was laid. As a green energy supplier, we expand our range of activities from solar power to water and wind power, biogas, contracting and municipal energy consulting.
Green City Energy AG – We accelerate the expansion with our own power plants throughout Europe.
Green City Energy GmbH becomes a public limited company in 2011. With our investments in power plant parks I, II and III, we begin to build up our own capacities and drive forward the expansion of wind, hydro and solar power. We are opening up markets in Germany, Italy, France and Spain.
Green City Projekt GmbH – We support municipalities, institutions and companies
The subsidiary Green City Projekt GmbH was founded by the association in 2003 to organise major events such as the Streetlife Festival and the Blade Night in Munich. In 2012 Green City Projekt becomes a consulting & communication service provider.
Energy suppliers – We bring 100 percent green electricity and e-mobility into the city
Since 2017, we have been one of the few suppliers to supply green electricity from newly buit plants. With our POWER tariffs, we supply private and business customers – and go one step further: Green City Energy AG sees the need for integrated energy systems and is entering the e-mobility market with e-scooter sharing.
Green City AG – We promote the market integration of renewables
The economic efficiency of renewable energies and the intelligent networking of green electricity, heat and e-mobility open up new opportunities that we are seizing with the reorganisation as Green City AG: Green City Energy AG and Green City Projekt GmbH merge into one. And with it green electricity production, financing and consulting are combined – supplemented with new business fields in green energy sales. As a company dedicated to bring about a shift in the areas of energy generation and mobility, we stand on three pillars of hydroelectric, wind and solar power and bring electricity from renewable sources into urban areas – we create the infrastructure for e-mobility and energy solutions.
SUMMIQ AG – We founded a green energy supplier of a new generation
In 2019, we celebrate 20 years of pioneer work in the field of solar energy. In our anniversary year, we have a project pipeline of several hundred megawatts of output in the wind and solar business alone. These include ground-mounted solar power systems on a multi-megawatt level in Spain and France. With the “Solarimpuls” bond, we are passing on market opportunities to our investors. And we are setting the course for the future: Green City AG founds SUMMIQ AG in 2019. The aim of SUMMIQ as an independent company is the investment-driven development and operation of a digitally controlled gigawatt portfolio, in particular of wind and solar power plants, which is complemented by investments in storage and digitisation technologies.
Board of Directors
Board Spokesman, Head of Operative Business
- Chairman of the Board of Directors at Green City AG
- Honorary board member of Green City e.V. since 1992
- 2002 – 2008: Honorary member of the city council of Munich as well as Transport and Energy Policy Spokesman
- Many years of experience in project development and management, including at Bürgerbau AG Freiburg
Chief Financial Officer, Head of Finance, IT, Human Resources & Legal
- Since May 2020 Chief Financial Officer of Green City AG
- 2018 – 2020 Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of Jolt Energy Group
- 2015 – 2017 Chief Financial Officer of Juwi AG
- 2002 – 2015 various management positions at MVV Energie AG in the fields of mergers & acquisitions, structured financing, investor relations; most recently head of finance and investor relations ppa (acting CFO)
- Studied economics (business degree); additional qualification: Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Advisory Board of Clairfield International GmbH (2017-today), Advisory Board of Atreus GmbH (2018-2019) and Member of the Supervisory Board of MVV Enamic GmbH (2010-2015)
Member of the Board, Head of Portfolio Management & Financial Sales
- Since May 2020 Head of Portfolio Management of Green City AG
- 2012 – 2020 CFO of Green City AG
- More than 20 years of experience in the finance and banking industry
- Former Member of the Board of Directors and Managing Director of financial services companies
Head of Renewables
- Mechanical Engineer, authorised representative
- Active in the field of renewable energies in Europe since 2002
- Several management positions with large energy groups and medium-sized energy suppliers
Head of Finance
- Degree in Business Administration
- 15 years of relevant professional experience
- With Green City since 2011
- Management of §32 KWG Financial institution Green City Finance GmbH
- Before (i.a.): KanAm, IC Consulting
Rauno Andreas Fuchs
Head of Experience & Drive
- Managing Director of Green City Experience GmbH (formerly Green City Projekt GmbH) since 2011
- Many years of experience in the field of urban development and mobility
- Main focus: municipal strategies and business development with a focus on mobility, urban development and climate protection
- Offices: Chairman of the Supervisory Board Kartoffelkombinat eG, Member of the Transport Committee of the Chamber of Industry and Commerce Munich and Oberbayern, Managing Director ADFC Bayern e.V.
Chairman of the Supervisory Board
- Member of the board of Green City e.V.
- Internationally active Senior Consultant of Ludwig-Bölkow-Systemtechnik GmbH in the field of energy and sustainability
- Many years of experience in advising international companies and public institutions in Europe
Christian Alexander Mayer
Deputy Chairman of the Supervisory Board
- Lawyer in environmental & energy law at Noerr LLP in Munich (since 2010)
- Lecturer for Environmental Law and Regulation in the Department of Electrical Engineering of the University of Stuttgart (since 2013)
- Regular participation in research initiatives, publications and presentations
- Lawyer with Kapellmann & Partner (Düsseldorf, 2007-2010)
Member of the Supervisory Board
- Head of the global “Electromobility” division at TÜV SÜD (since 2011)
- Spokesman of ASPO Germany
- 17 years working for Ludwig-Bölkow-Systemtechnik GmbH in the fields of renewable energy and alternative fuels Consultant in Malaysia
- Consultant in Malaysia
Member of the Supervisory Board
- Group controlling at TÜV SÜD, including the development of the investment controlling and a reporting system
- Taught retrainees in business management basics
Member of the Supervisory Board
- Managing Director of the main shareholder Green City e.V. (since 2008)
- Consulting and management positions at the Nature and Biodiversity Conservation Union (NABU) on an honorary and full-time basis
Member of the Supervisory Board
- Vice President & Strategic Client Partner of QuEST Global
- Former head of the Smart Cities division of Siemens AG based in London (The Crystal)
- Many years of experience in the energy sector, including 5 years as Head of the Market Development Board for Power Utilities for Asia Pacific of Siemens AG
In the interests of transparency for our capital providers, investors and shareholders, we publish the current account balances of all investments issued by us on an annual basis.
Entnehmen Sie der Leistungsbilanz einen Überblick über unsere Ökologischen Geldanlagen zur Unternehmensfinanzierung sowie zur Finanzierung des Anlagenportfolios und der Verkehrswende. Die Leistungsbilanz enthält zudem Informationen zu den ausgegebenen Aktien der Green City AG und sämtlichen geleisteten Zinszahlungen der herausgegebenen Finanzprodukte bis zum 31.12.2019.
Green City AG has launched 23 closed-end mutual funds with an issue volume of over EUR 54 million. As of 31/12/2018, funds of over EUR 18.8 million were accumulated and distributed to the limited partners.
This current account gives an overview of the performance of individual closed-end funds for the 2017 financial year. Deviations from the target values are explained in detail.
The solar performance review shows the number of realised solar power plants and the installed capacity of energy production from the Green City Group as of 2018. It also provides a detailed overview of the performance of the individual solar projects of the Green City Group as of 31/12/2018.
Key figures of Green City AG
By the end of 2019, the Green City Group had invested a total of 524 million euros in renewable energy projects.
We have paid out around 49,2 million Euros in dividends and interest to our investors by the end of 2019.
Green City Group’s power plants produced a total of 344,088 MWh of green electricity in 2018.
By the end of 2019, the Green City Group had built power plants with a total capacity of 248 MW.
In 2019 alone, 132,000 tons of CO2 were saved by Green City Group’s power plants and over 63,000 households were supplied with electricity from renewable sources.
The environmental protection association Green City e.V. remains the largest shareholder of Green City AG. The shareholder structure at the end of 2018: